“Human” Is A Dirty Word…

You know the old saying, “I’m only human.” I used to say human is a dirty word. But let’s put a Science Fiction twist to that. What if you didn’t have to be human? What if you could choose to become something else anytime you wanted then be human again when you chose?

I gave that some thought myself and in the end, the decision wasn’t hard at all.

Maybe a Klingon or Vulcan from Star Trek. A mutant like one of the X-Men might be pretty cool. Possibly Stargate SG-1’s Goa’uld or Jaffa. How about one of those energy-only aliens from the 1956 Sci-Fi classic Forbidden Planet?

Here’s what I came up with:

1) The Klingons have bad teeth, bad breath and those names…
2) The Vulcans are way, way too serious and full of themselves, not to mention most of them wear dresses…
3) The X-Men. Yeah, they’re cool with all those powers, uniforms and the X-Plane. But somebody’s always trying to get rid of them. I don’t need that…
4) The Goa’uld …a life-sucking worm with fangs? I think not!
5) The Jaffa are nurseries to those life-sucking worms. No thank you.
6) The Energy alien from Forbidden Planet…there would be some cool things you could do if you were nothing but energy. But what about all the things you couldn’t do?

Ya know, all in all, the word “human” doesn’t seem like such a dirty word anymore. I’m happy being just the way I am.