Not Enough Science Fiction On Sci-Fi…

The Sci-Fi channel is, naturally, one of my favorite TV channels. But, I have a bone to pick with them…

There’s way, way too much on Sci-Fi that isn’t actually Science Fiction. Let’s face it. A movie about a monster eating an entire town of people falls more into the realm of Horror than Science Fiction. Oh, and let’s not forget about all the Fantasy that shows up.

I know some will argue that the genre is Sci-Fi/Fantasy…and that’s o.k. if you are a fan of Fantasy. But, for those of us that are hard core Science Fiction, I say the channel should show strictly Science Fiction. Why not have new channels, i.e The Horror Channel, and The Fantasy Channel?

I can see it now. The greats (or Grand Masters) of Science Fiction like Isaac Asimov, Jack Williamson, Robert Heinlein–just to name a few–would throw up every other time they turned on the Sci-Fi channel and saw all the non-Science Fiction.

I know it makes me sick!