Permission granted to come aboard The Sci-Fi Dude Blog. You have the highest Clearence Level and can access all content herein. Leave no post unread. You might find the Top Secret info you've been searching for all this time!

To Watch or Read...That Is My Question

There was a time not so long ago that I was devouring Science Fiction short stories and novels. I would spend hours reading that should've been spent sleeping. Much like other genres, some Science Fiction stories make it extremely hard to put them down.

Then I rediscovered Netflix, Hulu, etc.

I decided I needed to rewatch some of my favorite Science Fiction TV shows, in order, so I could be sure I hadn't missed any episodes or storylines/archs. I watched every episode of the original Twilight Zone, the original Outer Limits then the second version. Had to make sure I'd seen every episode of Stargate SG-1 and, of course, I had to follow that up with Stargate Atlantis. Oh, and then there was all nine seasons of The X-Files.

If you've read this blog very much, you know that I'm a devoted Star Trek fan. All the adventures of the starship Voyager were next. Now I'm working my way through Star Trek: Enterprtise...

...but I'm beginning to miss the written word. I sit here looking at the books on my bedside table: "The Good That Men Do" (ST:Enterprise), "Crossover" (Star Trek), "The World Inside," by Robert Silverberg "Childhood's End," by Arthur C. Clarke and "Wonderous Beginnings" an anthology of the first published stories of some of the greats.

So, now I have to decide which to spend my spare time (what tiny bit I have) with. I don't want to leave Enterprise "unfinished." But my brain seems to be longing for more use :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

--> -->
-->